FOOD HANDLER'S PERMIT
To obtain the required Food Service Worker Permit, you must attend the Lincoln County Health Department Food Handler’s Class within thirty (30) days of the date on which you were hired. The one-hour-long class is held at the health department every morning between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. You must register for the class in advance.
• The Food Handlers Class is required for all employees who handle food and/or prepare food at establishments in Lincoln County.
• The purpose of the class is to reduce food borne illnesses and to teach sanitary practices.
• During the class you will learn proper food handling practices as required by the 2013 FDA Food Code.
• When you complete your one-hour-long class, you will be given your Food Service Worker Card. A copy of the card must be kept at your place of employment.
• Food Handler’s Cards are valid for 1 year.
• Each card costs $25.00 (Online course)
• $20.00 for live course in our office (Must call for an appointment.)
• Replacement cards are $5.00